It feels so good to have some time to update by blog with what's been going on in my world.
- Thanksgiving - We took the boys to David's parents house in Maryland and had a wonderful time. We spent Thanksgiving at David's parents and had lots of great food, and lots of fun playing both Shanghi Rummi the adults) and Cars Uno (David and I played Uno with the little once, much more our speed). On Friday we went to the Gaylord Ice Spectacular at the National Harbor right outside Washington, D.C. It was so fun!!! You got to walk thru a HUGE ice sculpture exhibit.
We had a really nice dinner and took some pictures outside of the shops at the harbor. Zachary, Julia, Cameron and Alex all outside the super, HUGE tree at the National Harbor! It was a cold day, and the wind just chilled every bone!
Can you believe this is ALL made from ice. The displays were just AMAZING!!!! I think this was one of my favorites!
Yes, they are all sitting on this sleigh made completly from ice!! They were happy there was a pad on the seat or they would have had some COLD bum's!
Yes, they even had a slide made from ice! I was so happy with this picture of Alex!! I didn't want to crop it because I wanted to be able to see the slide above him. Isn't it cool?
So here's the last picture I want to show you. It's a picture I took while we were at the National Harbor and thought it would be very interesting to use in a little contest. Whoever, guesses what it is, you're name will be placed in a drawing to win a little giveaway from me. OK, here it is.
Good Luck to all that try and guess. My hubby said it would be so easy to know what this is, so we'll see!
Ok, so what else has been going on...
- Flipping: My dad just purchased another house to flip and I've been crazy busy working over at the house during the day. I've hung drywall, ripped out some built-in cabinets in the kitchen and have primed pretty much all the wood trim. It's been fun working with my dad again. I haven't worked with him since I was a teenager working at their pizza shops.
- Giftmaking: I finished another homemade gift. It's a pair of slippers that I knitted for a special somebody this Christmas.
- Stamping: I am about to start my Christmas cards this week. Since we put our tree up this weekend, we can now take our annual picture of the boys in front of our Christmas Tree.
- Baking: I was just in a cookie exchage and made 19 dozen biscotti's to share. Check out my packaging. I was really happy with how they turned out!
- I used Stamin' UP!'s new Serene Snowflakes Stamp Set (LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT), Chocolate Chip, Real Red, and Whisper White Craft Ink, Alpine Ribbon, Punch Pals Hostess Stamp Set, and Grateful Greetings Stamp Set (from the Holiday Mini).
I hope you enjoyed seeing what's going on in my world. I hope you all are enjoying the Holiday Buzz that's in the air.